- Photos (add 10)
- Videos (add 5)
- Hours of operation
- Payment options (and) the payment types you accept
- Additional details: Brands you carry or if your provide Free parking
Here is the info you should submit to create a great Google Places Listing.
Basic Business Listing Elements
When you submit information about your business, make sure to include the following:
- Company: This is the official/registered name of your business (also called NAP)
- Address: Enter your address the same way you would on USPS envelope
- Phone number: Include the area code with your business phone number
- Website: Make sure to list your business website as your homepage
- Description: Tell users what makes your business special
- Email address: Let users know how to contact you
Business Listing Categories
Categories are ways to classify your business that help Google show your business listing for the right searches. The Local Business Center will suggest categories that match what you type, but feel free to create your own (except for the 1st entry) if you don’t see a category that fits your business.
Make sure the categories you choose are accurate and describe your business well. It’s OK if they’re specific; Google’s search algorithm makes sure that users looking for a general business type, like book stores, will see businesses in more specific categories too.
Hours of operation: Let customers know when your business is open.
Photos and Videos: Including photos and video adds visual appeal to your listing.
Additional details: Create custom attributes that allow you to include additional information that you’d like customers to know. For example, you can list what brands you carry or if your business provides free parking.
Top 10 Most Important Review Engines
Niche Industry Sites (BBB)
Other sites worth noting: Yellow Pages, Merchant Circle, Angie’s List.
Important Data Providers
Other sites worth considering:
- Niche Civic/Municipal Sites (Chamber of Commerce)
- Merchant Circle
- Universal Business Listing
Latest posts by Neil Ferree (see all)
- How to Find Who Shared Your LinkedIn Posts - July 3, 2015
- Marketing Automation for Small Business - March 31, 2015
- How to Become a Content Marketing Ninja - March 16, 2015
- How to Dramatically Increase Your Online Visibility - March 7, 2015