If you’re going to provide top tier SEO services to a client, its critical that you know if and where your clients have an existing social profile. I use these three handy websites that help shorten my recon efforts to identify and “clean-up” my client’s social profile once I know where they have an existing social profile.
Social Profile Networks
- UBL (Universal Business Listings)
Visit Namechk to see if your desired username or vanity URL is still available at dozens of popular Social Networking and Social Bookmarking websites. Promote your brand consistently by registering a username that is still available on the majority of the most popular sites. Find the best username with Namechk
KnowEm allows you to check for the use of your brand, product, personal name or username instantly on over 550 popular and emerging social media websites. Grab your name and secure your brand before someone else does.
Social Profile Directories
Accurate listings are the first step in online marketing. More than 40% of online listings are inaccurate, incomplete, or missing.
- Get listed on ALL major search engines and directories
- Update your listings for free, any time
- Save yourself the effort of registering on dozens of sites
- Share detailed profile information about your business and stand out from the competition
- Get a higher ranking by making your listings consistent across all sites
Place your profile on every search engine,Yellow Pages site, business directory, social site, mobile device and 411 service.
Social Profile Spreadsheet
I created an excel spreadsheet that inventories each of these social profile listing services, by category [ Audio, Video, Photo, Social, Local ] so I can advise my clients on where they have an existing social profile or a local business listing. I need to make sure that every active profile they have out there on the .Net contains the exact same data so that when the search engine bots crawl their social profile, the same data is presented and indexed for maximum value and exposure.
This task is also important for branding reasons. I’ve had some clients that have totally different business names (dba) or otherwise and different addresses listed. Using these three sites to identify and inventory the social profile and business listing data has been a real time saver. Before you can deploy your SEO service, you really need to have a handle on which social networks and local IYP (Internet Yellow Page) directories your client has a presence.
Drop me an email if you’d like a copy of my Excel File or ping over to Contact Neil and leave me your digits and I’ll take it from there.
Latest posts by Neil Ferree (see all)
- Why Snip.ly is the Best URL Shortener for Social Sharing - January 8, 2015
- How to Dramatically Increase Your Social Media Presence - December 9, 2014
- How to Manage Your Social Media Presence - October 14, 2014
- Content Marketing System Best Practices - September 6, 2014